Sermon Series to ignite your creativity.
Going deep. Preaching in series has proven to be an effective way to exponentially increase the impact of your preaching ministry. By focusing on a specific theme for 4-6 weeks, you have the opportunity to drive the message a little deeper so that your listeners have greater opportunity to understand — and learn to apply — spiritual truth.
Give them a reason to come back. Preaching in series has also been proven to be an effective way bring people back. A compelling subject presented well makes people eager to hear the next message in the series.
Two types of series.
Some series focus on a book of the Bible: James, Ruth, 1 Peter, Hebrews. We go through the book chapter-by-chapter, covering the most important themes. About 40% of our series focus on a single book, or a section of a book.
Other series zero in on a specific subject essential for living the Christian life: Worship (Every Day a Celebration); Life of Christ (Jesus Up Close and Personal); Christian Living (Something More); Spiritual Growth (Straight Ahead); Forgiveness (The Four Sides of Forgiveness).
Most Preaching Library series range in length from 4-8 messages.
Sermon series based on Bible books
Resources to fuel your research.
We have sermons covering virtually every text and topic, so no matter what you’re preaching, we have resources to help you research and develop your content.
What you can expect from our sermons
• Bible-based. Most of our messages are developed from one specific text, with the major points of the message pulled from the text. This is for a simple reason: People who hear the Bible preached Sunday after Sunday are more likely to make it part of their lives Monday to Saturday.
• Listed by text and topic. We have organized and indexed our messages so that you can find what you are looking for quickly. You can find all the sermons about Grace, Mercy, Leadership, etc. Or all the sermons from Philippians 3, Matthew 7, etc.
• Practical and Uplifting. A strong emphasis in personal application, showing your listeners how to become doers of the Word. Our sermons will help you give your people something they can put into practice between Sundays.
• Special days and seasons. We have multiple messages (and series) for all the special days and seasons in the Christian year and the calendar year. This includes several New Year’s Day, Easter, Pentecost, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Lectionary Options. We always have at least one message (and often more) that follows one of the readings in the Revised Common Lectionary. In our members area we have a lectionary page with sermon links so that you can easily find messages related to the readings.
ORDER AN INDIVIDUAL SERIES